Monday, December 31, 2012

Home Made Congestion Remedy

I woke up with a cold Saturday morning. Minor head congestion, stuffy nose, and sore throat. I have been taking generic Mucinex to help loosen the congestion. I found two home made congestion remedies on Pinterest to try.

The first home made congestion remedy I tried you can find here at Fitsugar. I can't begin to describe how awful the burning was from the amount of Cayenne pepper. When mixing up the recipe I thought to myself that it seemed like a little bit too much. My sinuses did loosen up mildly, but no more than from taking over the counter medicine. From the awful taste I decided that it wasn't worth trying again.

The second home made congestion remedy I tried you can find here at Good Food Matters. The taste was pretty good and not nearly as bad. Again it didn't help any better than the Mucinex medicine. I should take more of it. However, I'm not a big fan of spicy.

I'm not feeling any better than when I started the experiments. Now my ears are clogged.

No comments: